The students are not the only ones who must worry about playing in front of a large audience. I, too, played a piece and was very nervous! I decided to challenge myself this year and sing with my piece, "On My Own" from Les Miserables, since it seemed so fitting with the theme. I had never done this in front of a crowd (I have always been self-conscious about singing alone in front of others) and thought the morning of the recital that I must have been out of my mind to say I would do such a thing! But I am so glad I did it. It was a big hurdle I thought I could never jump. And it was actually kind of fun! It made it even more special that my mom and in-laws were able to be there to see me perform (feel I should note that my dad would have been there too but he had to work). I feel very blessed to have two supportive and encouraging families in my life!
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Red Carpet Night
No, I was not at the Golden Globes recently. But I did get to walk on a red carpet and get all glammed up...for our piano recital! Oh yes, we had a red carpet, which was very fitting for our theme this year: Movies and Broadway. Joleen went all out with stars the students could sign on the ground, trophies, VIP passes to get in,...she plans amazing and unique recitals! Some kids even dressed the part for their song-- we had Darth Vader, Snow White, Cinderella,... I had two students dress exactly alike as Mary Poppins which was priceless. It was so rewarding and moving to see my students play with skill, confidence, and grace. I must say I am very attached to my students and families at this point; it really is such a privilege to teach these children to play the piano and instill a love for music in them.
The students are not the only ones who must worry about playing in front of a large audience. I, too, played a piece and was very nervous! I decided to challenge myself this year and sing with my piece, "On My Own" from Les Miserables, since it seemed so fitting with the theme. I had never done this in front of a crowd (I have always been self-conscious about singing alone in front of others) and thought the morning of the recital that I must have been out of my mind to say I would do such a thing! But I am so glad I did it. It was a big hurdle I thought I could never jump. And it was actually kind of fun! It made it even more special that my mom and in-laws were able to be there to see me perform (feel I should note that my dad would have been there too but he had to work). I feel very blessed to have two supportive and encouraging families in my life!
The students are not the only ones who must worry about playing in front of a large audience. I, too, played a piece and was very nervous! I decided to challenge myself this year and sing with my piece, "On My Own" from Les Miserables, since it seemed so fitting with the theme. I had never done this in front of a crowd (I have always been self-conscious about singing alone in front of others) and thought the morning of the recital that I must have been out of my mind to say I would do such a thing! But I am so glad I did it. It was a big hurdle I thought I could never jump. And it was actually kind of fun! It made it even more special that my mom and in-laws were able to be there to see me perform (feel I should note that my dad would have been there too but he had to work). I feel very blessed to have two supportive and encouraging families in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
That was so much fun... so glad I could be a part of it. You all are SO talented! im trying to get my son, Spence to play the piano but he's still protesting :(
Great photos of the night too... they did so well! It was real fun.
Post a Comment