Friday, July 30, 2010

Two Years Old!

Last Saturday our little boy turned two years old. I can't believe how quickly the past year has gone by. Micah sure has grown this year. There is not an ounce of baby in him, which makes me a little sad but mostly just so proud of all he has learned to do. The toddler stage certainly has some challenges but it is also so much fun. Micah is constantly making us laugh and amazing us with his growing vocabulary and skills. He is a bundle of energy and joy.

Micah really enjoyed spending his birthday weekend with his cousins Aidan, Liam and Nora this year. I am pretty sure we reached 100+ degrees on Saturday so it made it a little tricky to do anything outside. Instead we enjoyed lunch at Wegmans and watching the train go round and round while grocery shopping. That evening my sister, dad, and aunt came in for dinner. The boys loved sitting at their own table in the kitchen. It got pretty silly and a little out of control in there but we just went with it. Hearing those boys goof around and laugh at each other was just too sweet. The night ended with cupcakes and presents and a lot more laughter.

Sunday evening we invited all my dad's family to come celebrate and meet little Nora for the first time. It was really neat to have all the family there at once. Everyone gushed over Nora and laughed at the boys who provided nonstop entertainment for the party. It was fun to see Micah get excited about presents this year. Every time he opened a gift, he would say "Open this right there?" He also loved his Elmo and Cookie Monster cakes, which I must say I was quite proud of. Emily was so kind to help me make them and gave me the encouragement I needed to make my very first birthday cake. I have always felt intimidated about making my own cake but knowing I would have her help this year I became determined to do something fun. And it really was fun! And they turned out great! I wonder what I will make next year...

cousins are the best!
Caitlin tried out Aunt Tricia's gift for Micah.
We did it!
Happy Birthday to You!
Micah and Liam started their own dance party. Fortunately there were no major injuries.

3 comments:

patricia said...

looks like fun! great job with the cakes!

Anonymous said...

Your cakes look amazing!! I made mine this year too-my first cake ever also! :)

I can't believe he is two! Great job the party looked like fun! Miss y'all!!

Unknown said...

wish i was there! that's what i'm talking about, shake some limbs, let's dance! blessings, micah, blessings gateseses!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4d7Wp9kKjA&feature=av2e