Wednesday, February 24, 2010

CRAZY true story

Last week I heard one of the most bizarre stories, and since I am still thinking about it at least once a day, I feel I need to share it with all of you.  My friend, Mimi, heard this story from a woman who had heard the story from another woman who was friends with the woman I speak of.  Did you get that? Not that it really matters but I felt I needed to quote my source.

So this woman, lets call her Jane, came into work all upset that she had to put her animal down the night before at the vet's office. She had loved her pet as if it were her own child.

Now Jane did not have your typical household pet. She had a pet python. That's right. She adored her pet python. How anyone acts lovingly towards a python is beyond me but somehow it produced in her the same fuzzy feelings most of us would get from cuddling with a sweet pup or kitten. And what is more shocking is that not only did she care for and love this animal-- she had it sleep in her bed! Can you believe it?

Would you want THIS sleeping in your bed???


So of course all the people at work expressed their condolences and then asked her why she needed to put the animal down. Jane then recounted that she took the python to the vet after observing some very strange behavior for several days. She first noticed that the animal (I wish I had its name) had stopped eating. He would not touch anything she left for him. She dismissed it hoping his appetite would come back. But then she noticed one night that the python was stretching itself out in the bed rather than lying in its usual coiled position. The following night he seemed to have stretched himself out even more right alongside of her. She was then concerned that something was terribly wrong with him so she took him to the vet.

Jane shared with the vet about the python's lack of appetite and the vet then asked if the pet was allowed to roam free. When she replied that the animal even slept in her bed at night, he asked her if it slept coiled. She then told him that was the other strange thing, that he was now stretching out to sleep. At this response the vet told her that she needed to put the animal down immediately. The poor woman was distraught and asked what was wrong with her beloved pet. The vet replied, "He is preparing to eat you."

I would love to hear your reaction to this story. Are you laughing? Horrified? In shock? Not surprised?
This story seems to produce all kinds of responses so I am curious what yours will  be!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Is this for real??? Seriously???? Oh my goodness---it's horrifying.

Amy said...

I am creeped out by that story. Why anyone would want to sleep with a snake is weird enough ... but the "eating" part?? ick.

Kaylee said...

Yeah. I'm going to have to go with horrified...if it is in fact a true story. Had she been actually eaten I would have to go with downright ridiculous. Note to self: don't sleep with man-eating snakes.

Brianne said...

Oh it's true, ladies. It's all true.

Unknown said...

Of COURSE it was preparing to eat her! It's a wild snake. It eats large mammals. So this woman decided it was alright to take an animal out of its home where it is specially adapted to live, then kill it for doing what it was designed to do? That's like trapping a dolphin to live in your bathtub and then killing it because it makes too much noise with its sonar clicks. If any part of this story is true, I hope this woman has learned a very important lesson about respecting nature. Wow.

patricia said...

Looney house is all I have to say!

Julie said...

I'm linking to this post! It's too crazy not to share!

Dan said...

Ha! That is the coolest story I have ever heard! And you tell it so well!